The search for a builder, contractor or remodeler can be a daunting challenge at times. Although BROSCO does not support, recommend or encourage any specific builder or contractor, we can assist you by suggesting some ways to go about making the right choice.
- Determine if the Builder/Contractor is licensed or registered
- Ask if they have successfully completed similar jobs
- Will they pull all necessary permits required
- Ask for references
- Create a written payment plan based on completion of different aspects of the job
- Have them explain job site supervision and quality control
- Check for a permanent address, phone number or Tax ID Number
Here is a list of ideas on how to find a builder, contractor or remodeler in your area.
- Ask family and friends
- Local phone book
- Contact an independent lumberyard or Home Center (Use the dealer locator to find a dealer near you)
- Better Business Bureau
- National Association of Home Builders
Each states’ website can also provide information that may assist you in planning your next project.